Total Pageviews

Twitter

True Power

" True power does not need arrogance, a long beard and a barking voice. True power is attained with silk ribbons, charm and intelligence"

- Oriana Fallaci in "Il Divo"

Wednesday

Bert Yancey - The Pioneer


            When I played in the Cadillac NFL Golf Classic in 1993 with Albert 'Bert' Yancey, I felt a bond. I didn't know what it was at the time, but it was special. He is one of the many great people that have influenced my life. The picture above was taken less than a year before his death.

     To all those suffering from the hardships and after-shock of mental illness, please click the link below and read the story of one of our finest 'fallen heroes'.

http://usma1961.westpointaog.com/Yancey.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I played golf with Bert and had some lessons from him in the '80's in Hilton Head. He was fun, good company, and a great golfer.