Total Pageviews

Twitter

True Power

" True power does not need arrogance, a long beard and a barking voice. True power is attained with silk ribbons, charm and intelligence"

- Oriana Fallaci in "Il Divo"

Sunday

NFL Films documentary on Bipolar Disorder

Pretty stoked Steve Sabol at NFL Films has invited me to do a feature on my NFL career. Being one of the few professional athletes to open up about mental illness,  this piece will be  groundbreaking . I will be talking about my career, my current coaching and my battles with bipolar disorder in 1997-present. The topic of bipolar disorder in this interview could  further our goal of breaking the stigma of mental illness. I've got an idea of how to address the forthcoming questions, but I again say I would like some feedback from my readers. \\

I actually think it would beneficial to film our own documentary during the shoot in May. Maybe some creative art student would like to take part. It would be interesting to see the difference between the final products( cuts and editing.)

Let me know if anyone  is interested.

Thanks in advance - Greg

248-752-7572


v

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a while. Having been a "Luv ya Blue" fan all my life, your willingness to open this part of your life has made me an even bigger fan of yours. I have worked as a Psychiatric nurse for almost 20 years and know the need for others like yourself to be open and honest about the disease process. Let's hope that this is one thing that moves us away from the stigma of mental illness. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! It's great you're willing to do this. It will do a lot for kids like mine to know that their sports heroes are like them, and that it's ok to talk about it.